Skibbereen & West Carbery Golf Club is a members’ club, located on the Wild Atlantic Way approximately 3 Kms from the town of Skibbereen on the Baltimore Road. Established in 1935 as a 9 hole course it was extended to 18 holes in 1993. PGA professional Sarah Claridge has been associated with the club since 2017 and provides an excellent coaching programme for members and visitors. Membership continues to grow across all categories and allied with many course and clubhouse improvements the club is facing the future with great confidence.
Title: Golf & Clubhouse Manager
Role: To effectively manage the affairs of the club to the complete satisfaction of the members and to meet agreed financial targets
- General administration of all matters relating to the club
- Adhere to the clubhouse budget prepared by the club treasurer
- Balance daily/weekly cash and take responsibility for bank lodgements.
- Oversee clubhouse maintenance plan.
- Ensure health and safety standards are adhered to in the clubhouse and surrounds
- Assist in the implementation of the marketing plan to attract visitors and societies to the club
- Handle members’ queries and requests as they arise.
- Provide front of house service to visitors and societies when they arrive.
- Take responsibility for the weekly staff payroll
- Oversee the provision of bar and catering services at the club within agreed budget.
- Report to the management committee on a monthly basis
- Report to a designated club officer on a weekly basis.
- Experience in a supervisory & management role
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Good organisational skills
- Strong IT skills particularly on Microsoft office and a familiarity with Sage accounting software would be desirable.
- Knowledge of golf software systems (BRS, Club V1) would be an advantage but not essential.
- Good communication and front of house skills
- Have an innovative and positive approach to continuing the development of the club.
This is a full time position.
Remuneration package will reflect the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Please send you CV and letter of application to email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications: 3rd December 2018
Skibbereen and West Carbery Golf club is an equal opportunities employer