We are delighted that with effect from Monday next 29th June, we move to another phase of activities in the club.
1. Club competitions will begin – Protocols for competition entry, payment and score entry are below. Men’s and Ladies club will correspond with their members regarding their respective competitions.
2. Members who have lockers in Ladies and Men’s locker rooms may access them from next Monday. Responsibility for hand sanitising & hygiene, when collecting and returning clubs, should be adhered to and this responsibility rests with each individual member.
3. While the bar remains closed for alcohol and food, a tea/coffee service will be available in the clubhouse bar as and from next week. Beverages purchased must be consumed outside until such times as restrictions are lifted further.
Initially this will be self-service with served option on Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday from 12noon to 4pm. This will be reviewed based on demand.
As always we ask that all members continue to adhere to the hygiene, hand sanitising and social distancing guidelines.
New Procedures for Golf Activities
Procedures are divided into 4 elements
1. Tee Time Booking
2. Competition Entry/Sign In
3. Score Entry
4. Members who do not use smartphone or online facilities
Tee Time Booking:
This will continue to be done through BRS using either the Club Website or BRS App. (More details on the App can be found further down in these instructions).
Most of you will have already downloaded the BRS app to your phone. However, if you have not, you will need to do so to facilitate access to the master scorecard link for score entry – more details below.
Competition Entry/Sign In:
Players booking a Competition Tee time using BRS will be automatically entered into the club competition. The Competition Fee will be deducted from the member’s Competition Purse in BRS. Your Competition Purse can be topped up online using your Credit/Debit card. (Instructions for this were issued in recent email)
- The competition will be set up on BRS to allow one member, if they wish to do so, to book his/her playing partners into BRS competition tee times, as is the case currently.
- The competition fee will be deducted from the individual member’s competition purse.
- Players booked into times outside of competition times will not be entered in the competition.
- If you play a casual game in a competition time slot the competition fee will be automatically deducted from your competition purse.
The Men’s and Ladies clubs will communicate the competition rules to their respective members.
Master Scoreboard recently developed a facility to allow members to enter their score electronically from their smartphone to avoid members having to use a touchscreen.
This is available as part of their App, but requires each member to have an individual password for score entry. A generic password “ skibbgolf “will allow you to log in to master scorecard initially – you will then be prompted to set your individual password for score entry.
BRS have provided a link from their App directly to Master Scoreboard so it makes sense to simply install one App (BRS) which allows you to book your Tee Time, enter your score and view your results and details from the one location.
- Download the BRS App from the App Store or Google Play
- Open the App and search for Skibbereen Golf Club
- Type in your Username (GUI/ILGU Number) and password you use on the BRS/Club Website.
At the bottom of the screen you will see an Icon for Master Scoreboard which allows you to see your details, competition results etc. and the option to enter your score.
Members who do not use smartphone or online facilities
In the longer term there will be 2 tablets situated in the clubhouse to allow tee time booking and score entry. These will not be available while Covid restrictions are in place.
- If your playing partner uses a smart phone he/she will be able to enter you into BRS tee time and the competition.
- The competition fee will be deducted from your competition purse.
- For score entry your score must be entered into master scorecard. This requires an individual password be used. To set up this password you will need to contact the competition secretary by email to allow them to set your individual password for score entry.
- You may not wish to share your password with others to allow a playing partner to enter your score. In this case a snapshot of the score card must be taken and sent to the competition secretary.
Once Covid restrictions are lifted you will be able to enter your score vis a tablet located in the clubhouse.
If you have any concerns re the online procedures and how they may affect you playing golf please contact the Club Secretary, John Mc Namara who will gather these concerns and we will do our best to address them.
As and from 8th June 2020 members may invite guests to play – please follow the protocol below;
– Member may invite up to 2 guests to play – member must play with their guest/s
– BRS has been set up to allow member to book in ‘Guest’.
– Member must then email club at email@example.com with Names of Guests (which is required for contact tracing) and Confirm payment method.
-Payment of guest fee can be made as follows; – deduction from member’s BRS purse- by contactless payment prior to the round at the office or over the phone. For tee time bookings which fall outside of office opening hours the member must contact office to pay prior to the round.